April 2, 2014

The Time I Took My Wife on a Gondola Ride…

When you think of Italy, the possibilities of things that pop into your mind are endless…food, wine, history, soccer, Mussolini the list can go on and on, but if you get more specific and think of Venice the list of first thoughts will greatly narrow. And for many the first things you thought of when you heard Venice was Gondola.

Gondola with the Co-Conspirators.
The famed boats of Venice are one of the most iconic images of the great city and carry a unique mystique amongst the world. The thought of a romantic gondola ride has been something associated with the boat for years and years. Countless couples have ridden the solo captained boats throughout the canals of Venice. One day I hope to share such a experience with my future wife, where ever she may be currently. It wouldn’t be the first time I ride one of the boats but I’m will to bet it will be much more romantic then when I rode it with 5 of my buddies from High School, whom thought its be hysterical to try and convince the Gondolier to flip the boat so I fell out. Yeah, real romantic….

Nonetheless it was an awesome experience traveling thorough the canals which so many before me traveled. My first time was almost 7 years ago (as if I haven’t been feeling old enough as it is) yet it still resonates clearly in my memory.  It was then when I thought how awesome it would be to share this experience with someone truly special and it is now that I continue to imagine how the experience will go once I find her. Until that day I can do nothing but wait and dream, but hey that’s Life in a nutshell, a lot of waiting and a lot of dreaming. Until then…..


No comments:

Post a Comment